Saturday, July 28, 2012

Simple Chicken Salad


Yummy Yummy Chicken Salad! This is my aunt’s recipe that she has come up with over the years. It is honestly not really a structured recipe but I promise it is very easy. I mean if you can boil water then you can make this chicken salad!

First, you are going to need to go buy all the ingredients:  boneless skinless chicken breast, chicken broth, lite miracle whip, green grapes, chopped walnuts, celery seeds (or you can use celery), poppy seeds, and black pepper
Second, you will need a large cooking pot. Then, wash your chicken but please don’t pull an Adrienne Maloof. If you don’t know what I am referring to please watch this little clip! (Adrienne washes Chicken)  But if you are like me and love the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills then you know what  I am referring to.
Now, pour your chicken stock into the pot and add a little water, salt, and pepper. Then, bring that to a boil for about 15 to 20 minutes. While that is cooking be cutting up your green grapes and walnuts.

Once, your chicken is done cooking let it cool before you begin to cut or shred it up. Personally, I like to cut it into cubes and then use my hands to shred the chicken.
Also, let me mention that if you have a dog like me then they will for sure be somewhere close by just in case you drop some chicken. Case in point Mozart.  
Now to finish it up just combine all your ingredients into a large bowl and mix with your hands.  


 And there you have it! Yummy Yummy Chicken Salad! Enjoy!


Lots of Love, Natalie



No comments:

Post a Comment