Friday, July 27, 2012

Olympics Opening Ceremony 2012


Today I am very excited because tonight is the 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony! I have always loved to watch the Olympics but this year I am even more excited and have been anticipating it for months now. The main reason that I am very excited for these Olympic Games is because as all of you know I traveled to London back in May. While I was there they were getting everything ready for the Olympics and for the Opening Ceremony. This is the first time that I have ever traveled to somewhere where the Olympics have been held before or will be held in the near future. During my trip to London I was able to go see all the arenas that will be used in the games, which I found very cool and exciting! Also, to make things more exciting and build the anticipation they had the countdown clock in Trafalgar Square!   


When I was there the Opening Ceremony was still 64 days away. But, finally it is here! I know people are probably thinking that I am so weird and a little too excited but I love watching the Olympics. The summer games are my favorite mainly because I used to run track. I love watching all the running events even though it makes me wish I hadn’t turned down my track scholarships. I also love watching the women’s gymnastics. For these games I am really rooting for Gabby Douglas on the USA Women’s Team. 

This will be her first Olympics and I really hope that she does well! Also, of course I love watching Ryan Lochte and Micheal Phelps. Ladies, if you do not know who Ryan Lochte is well you have been missing out, not only is he an amazing swimmer he is also pretty attractive! For those of you who dont know who he is don't worry because I have provided you pictures below! Enjoy!
Well of course I always like to see what every different country wears for the Opening Ceremony. I usually like what the USA team wears but this time I am not so crazy about it. If you haven’t seen what our team will be wearing tomorrow night here it is:

They just seem so stiff and stuffy. Plus, the beret I mean really that is what the French team should be wearing not us. While the Opening Ceremony outfits may not be too cute the little Olympic characters are!
I know this has been a long post so I will go ahead and finish it up by leaving everyone with the pictures I took of the different arenas that will be used for the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London! Thanks for reading!


This image should help explain what the arenas are in the image above
Lots of Love,  Natalie


No comments:

Post a Comment