Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

I have never really been a fan of sweet potatoes. I know I need to eat more orange vegetables so this year I decided that I would learn to like them or at least find a way to prepare them in which I will enjoy them. Well, I have found that recipe and now I am slightly addicted to them. On New Years Eve Jay's older sister (Rebecca) had prepared some for the New Year's Eve Party she was hosting which can be seen here in case you missed it. I was skeptical to try them but when she insisted I couldn't say no. I am very glad I did because this recipe for Sweet Potatoes is amazing. Since it is so amazing I decided I should share it with you. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes:

Ingredients:
2-3 sweet potatoes, washed and cubed
1 white onion, sliced
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper (to taste)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Wash, dry, and dice your sweet potatoes.
Toss Sweet Potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper then spread out on a baking sheet.
Bake for 20-30 minutes.
Remove and add onions then bake for another 10 minutes.
Once onions and sweet potatoes are soft turn oven to broil and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Remove from oven and enjoy!


Lots of Love,  Natalie


No comments:

Post a Comment