Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Oversized Splatter Paint Clutch

This past Friday I had the above image featured in my Weekly Favorites. Well, if you have been waiting since then for the DIY then wait no loner because it is here. Since, Friday I have been using this clutch everyday and it just adds a little extra punch to any outfit. The best part is the size of the clutch, since it is oversized it can hold a lot of stuff not just the usual credit cards, money, and maybe an iPhone like every other clutch. The clutch I used for this project was one that I found at Forever21, which is now sold out. But the best part about this is that it is personal which means it can be done with any type or size of bag. I think it would be awesome to do this project on a bag like this. Now, lets get down to business!
Supplies:
clutch or any type of bag you prefer
medium/fine tip paintbrush
acrylic paint
water
rubbing alcohol

Directions:
1. Be sure to wipe down bag to ensure a clean surface (I used rubbing alcohol on a cloth)
2. Then, get a good amount of paint on your paint brush and start slinging it to create a splattered look.
3. I had also diluted mine a little with some water to create more of a layered look.
4. Allow it to dry.
5. Lastly, wear it with any outfit to add an extra pop!

 
Lots of Love, Natalie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment