Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sauteed Garlic Bacon Brussel Sprouts

For all of my life I had been telling myself that I did not like brussel sprouts. Why? I really have no idea. I think because as a little kid that seems to be a vegetable that would taste nasty. Well, I decided that I am being stupid and you don't know if you like something until you try it. I had been told to try them at a restaurant first before trying to make them at home, so I decided what better place to try them for the first time than at Ruth Chris Steak House while on my recent trip to Chicago. They prepared theirs with bacon and as I have come to find out seems to be a very common and easy way to make them. So if you haven't already guessed it turns out they are actually very tasty and I was an idiot for not trying them sooner! Since then, I decided that I can make at home, so here is my recipe for Sautéed Garlic Bacon Brussel Sprouts.
Sautéed Garlic Bacon Brussel Sprouts:
 
Ingredients:
4 -5 cups brussel sprouts (cut in half and ends removed)
5 strips of bacon, cubed (unless you like a little more)
1 1/2 teaspoon of chopped garlic
1/4 cup water
Salt and Pepper to taste
 
Directions:
1. In a large pan over medium/high heat, cook your bacon until it starts to brown.
2. Add garlic to the bacon and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add brussel sprouts to pan and toss gently to coat them with bacon grease, allowing them to cook for 2- 4 minutes, stirring every minute to prevent burning.  
4. Pour water into the pan, cover and allow to cook until the water has evaporated.
- You want them to still be green but soft. I use a fork to test mine, if I can pierce them then they are done. If not I add a little more water and allow them to cook until soft and green. -
5. Lastly, add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!


Lots of Love, Natalie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment