Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tacky Christmas Party

Sunday night was the Midtown Pilates work Christmas Party. We decided that we would make it tacky themed. I decided that I would go very tacky and of course our dates had to be tacky too so I supplied jay with plenty of things to complete his tacky outfit. I love themed parties because it is always fun to see what everyone ends up wearing. Along with having to dress tacky we were all assigned something different to bring and no surprise here but I was assigned the dessert. Since, the owner and my boss does not like peppermint I was supposed to make anything as long as it does not include peppermint. Well for this time of year Peppermint flavored desserts are everywhere. I decided that I would try something new but still festive for the holiday. The dessert that I ended up making was a Red Velvet Bundt Cake with a Cream Cheese Frosting Glaze. I hope you enjoy all the pictures below and don't worry the recipe for the cake is below also! Happy Tacky Tuesday!
 
 
Red Velvet Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Glaze:

Ingredients:
Duncan Hines Red Velvet Boxed Cake Mix (I was pressed for time so had to use the cake mix)
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
4 cups Confectioners' (powdered) Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
 
Directions:
1. Grease and flour your Bundt pan thoroughly. But when flouring use the dry cake mix so that the cake does not have white flour residue when it comes out of the pan.
2. Follow directions on the box to prepare the Bundt cake.
3. Set Cream Cheese and unsalted Butter in your mixing bowl to soften.
4. Once softened add the Confectioners' Sugar and Vanilla Extract. Mix until smooth like a frosting.
5. Once cake cools, warm up your frosting in the microwave so that it is able to be poured over your cake to create the Cream Cheese Frosting Glaze.
 
 
Lots of Love,  Natalie
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment