Monday, December 23, 2013

Snowflake Sugar Cookies

Today we have the Snowflake Sugar Cookies to finish up my five different sweet treats for this Christmas holiday. Decorating sugar cookies always takes me back to being a little girl in my grandmother's kitchen on Christmas eve. I remember my bothers and I making a mess while making our very colorful sugar cookies for Santa. I just feel that it is really not Christmas unless there are some cutout sugar cookies. The recipe I used to make these was one that I found here on FoodNetwork.com. I know usually sugar cookies are topped with royal icing but I decided to make a homemade vanilla buttercream for these. Well I hope you enjoy making and decorating these cookies for Christmas!

Vanilla Buttercream Icing:
 
Ingredients:
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup butter (softened)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
 
Directions:
In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, mix together the sugar and softened butter.
Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase the speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more.
Adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency.
Decorate and enjoy!
 
Lots of Love,  Natalie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment