Monday, April 22, 2013

Paleo Pancakes

I'm sure you might be asking what is Paleo? Paleo is called the "Caveman Diet" and is all about natural foods such as game meat, fish, vegetables, wild fruits, eggs and nuts to help achieve great health and a perfect physique. This is really all about cutting out processed foods and eating clean making it very healthy and good for you! Well, I am not on a Paleo diet I do enjoy using some of the recipes because they are so healthy. I have been hearing and seeing recipes for these yummy simple pancakes everywhere recently. I finally decided I would try them!

Ingredients:
 
Blueberries
1 Large Egg
1 Large Banana
* Recipe makes 3 pancakes
 
Directions: 
1. Peel and slice banana
2. Mash banana and add egg
3. Mix until fully combined
4. Heat a skillet on medium.
5. Spray with cooking spray.
6. Fill a 1/4 sized measuring cup with the pancake batter.
7. Pour measuring cup onto heated skillet. Add blueberries (5-7)
8. Cook each side until lightly brown. 
9. Enjoy! 


I think it would be fun to experiment with them by adding dark chocolate chips, sliced almonds, oatmeal, vanilla whey protein, or peanut butter. I drizzled mine with a little honey but they would be good with sugar free syrup or plain. I did add a little cinnamon to my batter. Also, if you are wondering if they taste like bananas to me they really didn't which was surprising. Lastly, each pancake is a filling 65 calories!



Lots of Love,  Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment