Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Lemon Kris Crinkle Cookies

For the holidays I decided to make a variety of different sweet treats to take to Starkville Physical Therapy as a little Christmas present and thank you for letting my do my internship there. At first I wasn't sure what all I would make, but then I stumbled upon a recipe for Lemon Crinkle Cookies. I knew right when I saw the name that I was going to make these! These cookies might be my new favorite because they are the perfect mix of sweet and tart. I would recommend this recipe to anyone who wants to make a refreshing but still scrumptious cookie!
 
Lemon Kris Crinkle Cookies:
*makes 2-3 dozen
 
Ingredients:
1/2 cups butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 whole egg
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cups powdered sugar
 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice.
Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar.
Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar.
Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look matte (not shiny or melted)
Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
 
Be sure to keep checking in because there will be at least four more delicious recipes to come!
 
 
Lots of Love,  Natalie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment