Thursday, September 12, 2013

Protein Bites

Since finding out that I am allergic to Soy I haven't been able to find any protein bars. Majority of all protein bars have soy protein or soy lecithin in them. I used to always rely on a protein bar to give me energy and keep me full throughout the day. My best friend Anabel found this recipe for some quick and extremely easy protein bites. I made these yesterday and they are wonderful!
 
Ingredients:
1 cup (dry) oatmeal (old-fashioned oats)
1 cup toasted coconut flakes
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla
 
Directions:
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. Mine were a little larger than a tbsp. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
 
 
 
Lots of Love,  Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment