Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Workout Wednesday: Fit Tips


I figured I would share some of the things that I do that help keep me fit and healthy. While, working out is important to do so is eating right. Recently, I have found out that I am allergic to soy. This has made things a little more complicated but it is also making me more aware of the things I am eating and what they have in them. Since, soy or soy lecithin is in pretty much any item that is supposed to be able to sit on a supermarket shelf I have to eat more organic or freshly prepared meals. This allergy means I don't get too many cheat meals like ice cream, M&Ms, or candy bars. Yes, you read that correctly ice cream and M&Ms both of these usually contain soy. Anyway, one of the easiest ways to stay on track with eating healthy is too be prepared. I try to cook my meals for the week on Sunday night that way I will have them ready when I get hungry. This seems to be the most effective way for people to eat healthy. This is very effective because you can also have them already portioned out for each day in order to make sure you are getting the proper nutrition from all your major food groups. An easy recipe to make ahead and have in the fridge are Stuffed Bell Peppers. These keep you full with the added bonus of providing you with some of your daily servings of grains, vegetables, and protein. Check out the recipe for the Stuffed Bell Peppers here.  Happy Wednesday!


 
Lots of Love,  Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment