Monday, July 22, 2013

Neshoba County Fair

Saturday I was invited to stay at a friend's cabin for the night at the Neshoba County Fairgrounds. Now, I have always heard all about the fair but I have never been or had even thought about going. This is a huge tradition in the area of North Mississippi. The Neshoba County Fair has been called a huge house party. This is a week long event with rides, southern food, horse races, music, Heart of Dixie Triathlon and good times with lots of close friends and family. I am not sure that I would be completely into staying for a whole week but maybe a day or two would be fine. The thing I loved the most about the grounds was all the extremely colorful houses with bright lights. Each house really expressed how fun and outgoing each family is. Before I went, I read this wonderful article on the Neshoba County Fair written by the New York Times. That article can be found here. I hope you had a great weekend!


 




 


 
 
 
Lots of Love,  Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment