Thursday, July 18, 2013

Chicken and Dumplings

Growing up I used to love when my mom would make Chicken and Dumplings for supper. The aroma that would radiate throughout the house was fantastic as I was doing my homework. I remember being so eager to eat it that I would always burn my tongue. Needless, to say this has to be one of my favorite southern comfort dishes. This recipe below is my mom's own personal recipe for Chicken and Dumplings.
 
Ingredients:
 
Directions:
 
Start by removing the insides from the Chicken and wash it.
Place whole Chicken into a large pot and cover with water until the whole chicken is immersed
Then, add salt and one whole stick of butter to the water
Broil for 45 minutes flipping the chicken half way through. Then, remove chicken from broth and let cool
Flour each tortilla on both sides.
Once, floured cut into squares. Now, that Chicken has cooled remove it from the bones.
Time to pour your cream of chicken into a bowl with a little bit of the broth and stir until smooth. If you are having trouble getting it smooth try heating it in the microwave for a few seconds. Now, start to bring your broth to a boil and slowly add the cream of chicken stirring at the same time. Then, add chicken to the pot and layer your tortilla squares on top. Lastly, cook on low heat for about an hour.
 
 
 
Lots of Love,  Natalie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment