Friday, July 25, 2014

Berry Good Fruit Pizza

I don't know how many people have heard of Fruit Pizza unless you are on Pinterest then you have. Well I actually made fruit pizza long before Pinterest existed and it is one of my all time favorite easy dessert recipes. Plus everyone seems to like it! I mean how can you not love a sugar cookie topped with a sweet cream cheese icing and any fruit you desire. I recently made this Berry Good Fruit Pizza for a Fourth of July cook out with friends while visiting them in New Orleans for the holiday weekend. None of them including Jay had heard of one or had one so when I told them I was making a Fruit Pizza they were a little confused at first. Everyone loved it and ended up eating the whole thing. I promise this recipe is very easy and its a crowd pleaser so check it out below if you are interested! Have a great weekend and see you Monday with my weekend favorites!
 
Berry Good Fruit Pizza:
Ingredients: 
8oz. cream cheese (softened)
1/3cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 cups assorted fruit
16oz. package of sugar cookie dough
 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Roll out the cookie dough (you can even make individual ones if you please).
Bake cookie dough for about 12-15 minutes or until golden.
While that's baking combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl.
Mix until it is nice and smooth.
Remove cookie from oven and allow to cool before adding the cream cheese topping and fruit.
Now cover with cream cheese and top with assorted fruit.
Enjoy!
 
 
Lots of Love, Natalie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment