Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Crock-Pot Pot Roast

Yesterday the weather here in Mississippi decided that it was going to continuously drop throughout the day with a low of 26 degrees that night. Well, with the weather getting chilly it made me want to make a cozy southern meal. I figured I would try to make a Pot Roast in the Crock-Pot since I was busy all day until 5:30. During my one hour lunch break I rushed to the grocery store and picked all the ingredients that I would need and threw it all together, set it on high for 6 hours. This was my first time making a Pot Roast and I was very happy that it turned out wonderfully! If you are interested in trying it look below for the recipe!

Ingredients:
1 can of French onion soup
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 packet of pot roast seasoning
1 1/2 cup of water
pot roast
baby carrots
4 red new potatoes
1 white onion
 mushrooms
flour

Directions:
1. Brown the pot roast on all sides in an iron skillet
2. Combine the first 4 ingredients together in the Crock-Pot
3. Cut potatoes and onion into chunks
4. Place all ingredients into the Crock-Pot and set it on high for 4-6 hours
5. Within the last 30 minutes add the flour to turn the sauce into more of a gravy
6. Serve and Enjoy!


Lots of Love,  Natalie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment