Monday, March 2, 2015

Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

I have been away for awhile and I apologize but I have recently started a new job at a doctor's office. I plan to be posting more regularly now that I am starting to get a handle on the new job. Yesterday was a rainy long day so I decided to bake to pass the time. After looking at what I had on hand I came up with a Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. This was my first time making a buttercream frosting. I think it turned out pretty good for a first time but the next time I have things I would change. I hope you enjoy it! 
Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
Ingredients:
1 box of Duncan Hines Chocolate Cake Mix
3 eggs
water
vegetable oil
2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
1 pound of confectioner's sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 teaspoons milk or cream

Directions:
1. Follow the directions on the back of the box.
2. After baking the cake, let it cool.
3. While the cake is cooling start making the frosting.
4. Whip butter and vanilla extract at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. 
5. Add 3 teaspoons of milk or cream and powdered sugar.
6. Continue mixing on medium speed until well combined and fluffy.
7. Add milk and cream one teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
8. Frost cake and enjoy!


Lots of Love,  Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment