Thursday, March 12, 2015

Homemade Girl Scout Thin Mints

With it being Girl Scout cookie season I was inspired to try and make some Homemade Thin Mints. The recipe I found was surprisingly very easy! Since it was so easy and these turned out wonderful I knew I just had to share it with you. Check out the recipe for these Homemade Thin Mints below. Now that I have conquered Thin Mints I think the next Girl Scout Cookies I will try to make will be Samoas. Happy Thursday! See you tomorrow for my weekly favorites to end the week. 
 Homemade Thin Mint Cookies:
Ingredients:
20 Oreos 
1 teaspoon peppermint extract 
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (or white chocolate)

Instructions:
1. Separate Oreos and scrape off the white cream. Line a baking sheet with wax or other nonstick paper.
2. Combine chocolate and peppermint extract in a microwave safe bowl. Heat chocolate until completely melted in 30 second intervals or heat with the help of a double boiler.
3. Place one oreo half at a time into the chocolate and flip over with the help of a fork. Once completely coated, remove cookie half from chocolate with the fork and tap it on the edge of the bowl a couple of times (to get rid of the excess chocolate). Place on prepared baking sheet and repeat. 
4. Place in the fridge and let set for 15 minutes before enjoying.
link to original recipe click here


Lots of Love, Natalie


No comments:

Post a Comment