Thursday, May 23, 2013

D.I.Y. Tissue Tassel Garland

Yesterday was one of my good friends 21st birthday and I have been seeing these tissue tassel garlands everywhere. I decided I would make one for her party! I was suprised at just how easy this was to make. Also, best part one sheet of tissue makes four tassels. This tutorial was easy to follow and helpful. After gathering all my supplies and watching the tutorial I turned on Netflix to Season 3 of Gossip Girl and got to work. This was amazing because it added that extra little something to the party.
 
What You Need:
First, fold the tissue in half length wise or as I learned in elementary Hotdog style.

Second, fold the tissue hamburger style (width wise) and again.
 
Third, cut the tissue leaving about 2 inches at the top.
 
HINT: I used clips to keep the tissue closed and tight so I could cut straight lines.
Fourth, open it up and you will have four pieces
 
Fifth, twist at the center tightly
 Sixth, twist it together and secure it with a dab of hot glue
Last, string them onto the twine in a pattern and hang!


Lots of Love, Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment